Blog archive '13- June . July . Aug . Sept . Oct . Nov . Dec.
Blog Archive 2014 Jan . Feb . Mar . Apr . May . June . July . Aug . Sept . Oct . Nov . Dec .
Blog Archive 2015 Jan . Feb . Mar .
Diane's plus size fashion blog
April 21st - Versatile Shift Floral Dress suitable for Day and Occasion Wear
Sorry folks. I've just spent a full month fighting a persistent infection, but, touch wood, everything's back to normal. We are currently enjoying a spell of wonderful weather here in Northern Ireland at the moment bringing with it the "feel good factor".
I feel an urgency and desire to dress for summer and to sort through and evaluate my summer wardrobe.
Today I want to introduce you to the SS15 Dress Collection from Per Una (Marks & Spencer) which has some wonderful styles and cuts very suitable for both a more formal and occasion wear use and for everyday and holiday practicality.
I'm wearing a Crinkle Floral Shift Dress in Navy Blue with a floral pattering throughout. The floral look is on trend this Spring Summer 2015 season.
I am 5'9" tall and I am wearing the dress in size UK18. All dresses in the SS15 Per Una Dress Collection are available from size UK8 - UK24.
I love this dress. The reasons being:-
1. the crinkle style material. This dress does NOT need to be ironed. Just wash (either by hand or machine), spin (or wring out) and hang to dry. The crinkle material look is the most practical look especially for packing into a suitcase and taking on holiday. This dress is the ultimate in "easy care easy wear".
2. the shift cut which is very practical for masking a larger middle area (especially if prone to fluid retention whilst travelling and on holiday). I also think that the colour and style of this dress is ideal if you happen to have your monthly period.
3. the simple neckline cut which is very attractive and becoming and therefore very suitable for both a day wear and evening wear look.
4. the attractive lace panel shoulder area of the dress. Whilst on holiday if you like to explore and visit formal or religious buildings and churches it is usually a requirement to have your shoulders covered. This little number ticks this box and does it attractively too.
5. the colour of the dress. The navy colour is a slimming colour.
6. the light weight feel of the dress.
7. the overall structure of the dress and the skirt area is fully lined.
8. the versatility of this particular dress which can be worn both as a casual day wear look (with a block heel sandal or dressier sliders) or as a more formal look with high heels and the addition of either a pashmina/shawl or smart bolero style cardigan.
To see the dress in detail and to hear
what I have to say about it have a look at the videos.
A more detailed review with
commentary about the dress
To buy the dress click HERE
To view the entire SS15 Dress Collection at Per Una click HERE
Until next week, in full health I hope. Diane XXX
March. 2015 blogs, click here - March 8th. - Floral Jacquard Design Mock Shirt Sweat Top from Marks and Spencer
Feb. 2015 blogs, click here - Feb. 26th - Gardenia Jersey Dress from Monsoon - Feb 8th. Julien Macdonald at Debenhams
Jan. 2015 blogs, click here - Jan 23rd. Getting Fit - Affordable Fitness Clothing from the M&S Collection - Jan.14th - What to wear Skiing - Recommendations
Dec. 2014 blogs, click here - Dec 12th Half Length Black Leather Sheepskin Coat in Contemporary Design - Celtic & Co. - Dec 6th Wonderful Toscana Sheepskin Full Length Hooded Coat in Chocolate Brown - Celtic & Co.
Nov. 2014 blogs, click here - Nov 30th Down and Feather Coat. Long Tall Sally. - Nov 15th How to wear Tweed part 2.
Oct. 2014 blogs, click here - Oct 30th How to wear Tweed, part 1. - Oct 24th M&S Waist Cincher Knickers for tummy control. - Oct 16th Lipstick Boutique at House of Fraser - Oct 2nd Ann Harvey at Bonmarche
Sept. 2014 blogs, click here - Sept. 25th Curvety Special Occasion dress - 19th Dickins and Jones Day Wear - 14th Yours Blouse - 4th Debenhams Tea Dress.
Aug 2014 blogs, click here - Aug 29 Jump suit from Pink Clove, - Aug 21 Flared Skirt, Wardrobe staple. - Aug 15 Fine Knit Cardigan, Wardrobe staple. - Aug 7 David Emanuel at Bonmarche. - Aug 2 Road test of Leanne Shoes from Hotter.
July 2014 blogs, click here - July 29 Berlin Break, July 26 YOURS - Floral Maxi Dress, July 15 Woolovers Jumper around shoulders look, July 14 Woolovers City Look, July 13 Woolovers Casual Layered Look, July 12 Woolovers V-Necked Jumper - look #2, July 11 Woolovers Twin Set look, July 10 Woolovers Sleeveless Top, July 9 Woolovers V-Necked Jumper look #1
June 2014 blogs, click here - June 27 Suede Moccasin Shoes. June 20 Garden Party - Overlay Dress from Long Tall Sally. June 12 Aran Boyfriend Cardigan- Celtic & Co. June 5th Little Black Dress.
May 2014 blogs, click here - May 30th Ivory Bridal Dress (vintage 1950s style) from Monsoon. - 22nd - The Return of the Trouser Suit. - 14th Agricultural Show or County Fair - Practical Styling Advice. - 7th M&S boot cut jeans - 1st Plus Size Revolution - money counts.
April 2014 blogs, click here -Apr.27th The Plus Size Revolution - Curves take Centre Stage. - 20th Travel Clothes - 4th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Dynasty.
March 2014 blogs, click here - Mar 20th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Curvety. - 14th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Jane Watson.
Feb 2014 blogs, click here - Feb 27th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Dea. - 14th Diane Marshall Plus Size Model London Fashion Week. - 7th All weather fitness clothing
Jan. 2014 blogs, click here - Jan 30th London Fashion Week, plus size modelling opportunity. - 23rd Plus Size Acceptance vs Weight Loss. - 16th Plus Size Weight Loss - an expert approach. - 9th Plus Size, what size of fit are we describing?
blogs, click here